Nature’s worst hit snowing and raining squashes agriculture:
Khandesh region attempting recoveries from earlier natural calamities and trying to settle and normalise its ascent marked yet another severe spread of snowing. Muktai Nagar and Bhadgaon Tahsil are worst hit with yesterday’s snowing and it includes Naygaon, Mendhalde in Muktai Nagar. Tahsil has reported 14 injuries wherein Bhadgaon had one. Naygaon had snowing of around 750gms individual size marking it one of biggest hit. Amalner, Fattepur and Kasoda also had snowing in evening. Jalgaon city had rain showering in evening around 7pm. This season’s Rubby crop is almost gone and damaged and snowing on snowing effect has affected Authorities assessment of losses. Jalgaon district’s 1,144 villages are affected with this last 8-10days raining and snowing with around 58,191 hectare irrigated land crushed marking losses worth 21.39 Crores in primary assessment. Central team is visiting district today to evaluate losses and submit its report to central government within 6days.
Electoral roll review adds 29,470 voters:
Jalgaon district administration’s special exercise to update electoral roll yesterday added 10,425 new voters of 18-19 years, 19,045 voters above 19years age group. Administration had its office bearer setup at all 3,322 polling booth and this includes Jalgaon city legislative council having 3,975 new entries on 378 polling booths. Sunday being holiday marked good rush at booths to add names/ review names in listing. Administration has extended timeline for submission of new names until 17th April.
- Corporation surveys Ramanand Nagar based owned land to reconstruct and earn revenue of around 40Crores
- State urban development department meeting on Jalgaon housing project Corporation resolution dismissal today
- Bhusawal – Nagpur railways route normalises after 15hours intensive work
- Wakdi (Chalisgaon) based wrestler Atul Patil wins ‘Kisanveer Kesari’ award in wrestling competition at Satara
- ZP Standing committee meeting – reviews department wise updates and status, no policy decisions amidst election code of conduct in effect
- District’s 28 schools prior to independence to get Rs. 10Lakh each special aid from State government for enhancing infrastructural facilities
Snowing continues on second day in Pachora and Chalisgaon:
Chalisgaon Tahsil based Andhari, Hatgaon, Pimpalgaon villages witnessed lemon sized snowing yesterday again wherein Longe village had lightening killing one and injuring two. Snowing continued for around 30minutes and has affected standing wheat, corn, onion and cotton crops. Pachora Tahsil has also witnessed snowing. Continued raining since last few days has caused flooding in Dongri River opening up Lake Water in Patnadevi. Region marked clear weather on Sunday with sunny intervals. Region had average 10.7mm rainfall in last few days with Chalisgaon on top having 29mm rain and Chopda on bottom with 1.2mm rain. Raining has increased water level in various dams in region.
NHAI clears L&T concerns on Highways four lane work:
National Highways authority of India has approved Highways four lane word tender awardee L&T infrastructure demand of not collecting sum from first year’s toll revenue following delays in execution and availing land to L&T. This demand approval has boosted go ahead sentiments at L&T end and will lead to quick processing from L&T now. L&T demanded not to pay any sum from projected first year toll revenue of 275Crores. L&T has also availed Rs. 21 Crores budget for repairing of highways worsened due to raining and non-maintenance since long time.
Mehrun lake renovation phase-1 begins:
Jalgaon district administration has allocated 1Crore fund for renovation and enhancements in Mehrun Lake surrounding area in first phase. The project estimated at cost of 18.95Crores through district planning and development committee has estimation of 5years work. First phase of this work has western and southern few works and aims to setup this lake surrounding on Ahmedabad based Kankariya Lake pattern. Proposed works include jogging track, music system, multiple colors lighting, kids playing instruments and amusement means, benches, boating, food stalls and small garden along with parking in Lake. First phase work has 4.70kms long retaining boundary wall, jogging track and iron bars on Lake boundary and proposal has now gone to Corporation for final approval and initiating tendering process.
- Center delinks Aadhar linking of household LPG gas – to avail gas at Rs. 456 per cylinder from this month
- Janta Raja rural cricket competition rescheduled due to raining – to announce new schedule later
- NMU level One play competition – Deokar Engineering College wins title with 7 awards in various categories 4
- L.N. High School student Shriram Chauhan selected for Indian team for Asian sub-junior softball competition at Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia
- Goods Train derail disrupt Bhusawal – Nagpur railways traffic, few trains diverted and delayed
- Subhash Chowk co-operative society conducted North Maharashtra level ‘महामुर्ख सम्मॆलन’ on Sunday, 16th March on eve of Holi