Jalgaon Business - Quick Facts
Welcome to Jalgaon Business quick facts section! Team EJalgaon.com is glad to put forward milestone efforts in helping Business and Trade fraternity with Technology as backbone and EJalgaon.com platform as unique catalyst.
Jalgaon is Agriculture dominated district from Khandesh belt of Maharashtra and has rich agricultural yields in form of Cotton and Banana. Jalgaon Banana is famous countrywide and its cotton grown is export quality best strength cotton. Jalgaon is maternal town of Her Excellency Ex-President of India Sau. Pratibhatai Patil and is motherland of great poetess Bahinabai Chaudhari, Marathi author and great National Teacher of India Sane Guruji. India's fast growing Information Technology giant WIPRO founder Ajij Premji is Amalner, Jalgaon native.
Jalgaon's Business and trade has strong foundation of all communities equally contributing to Trade growth. Region marks rare phenomenon of Community Specialised Businesses and Trade practises wherein every Community has one or many specialised businesses/ trade to its name. Jalgaon possesses excellent geographical location to its plus and is easily reachable from across Country mostly in overnight journey or in 15-20hours journey either by Rail or Road. Jalgaon weather remains steady throughout year with exceptions of hectic Summer with temperature in sub-45 degrees and winter with 7-10 degree Celsius zone.
Region has flourished well during last decade with exceptional growth in Banking and Educational sectors. Jalgaon Jewellers have outshined their counterparts with broadest variety of Gold, Silver, Diamond and all types of Jewelry and our market is now well famous for buying every event jewelery. Agricultural earnings base has lured almost all private/ nationalised and co-operative banks to open their branches in Jalgaon district. North Maharashtra University beholds educational sector growth with availability of widest Academic facilities that includes Engineering Doctorate in top to common vocation courses in bottom.
Jalgaon has struggled its bad fate for last few decades to get its voice heard for growth appeals on red carpets of diplomacy with anti-party ruling in both State and National levels to that of locally elected representatives. Jalgaonkar are growth thirsty to unfold many more growth aspects and are now eager to see yields with both State and National governments of same representation. Jalgaon business houses are good trade capacity holding, business devoted and zealous. A large section of Wholesale commodity sellers have weekly/ fortnight/ monthly semi-wholesale/ retail shops visit to collect orders and last bill payments. These Collection trips are seen generations on generations in wholesale fraternity.
We welcome entrepreneurs and youth to initiate Business/ Trade activities in Jalgaon. Feel free to reach us for any further assistance required thereof.
- Jalgaonities hold utter social bonding and are very closely connected with each other. This unique Cosmo-metropolitian approach gives relieving attire to new comers.
- Jalgaon district is Agricultural products dominated market with Jalgaon Banana and Cotton famous globally.
- Average turnover of Banana yields is around 300Crores per anum and worth Rs. 800 Crores of Cotton produces
- Jalgaon city, the district head quarter is having wonderful multi-community structure with almost all community based Entrepreneurs giving equal contribution in growth.
- Non-Governmental Organisations/ Social Organisations/ Clubs like Rotary, Rotaract, Jaycees, Lions with multiple branches plays significant role in social bonding and friend circle enhancement here.
- Agricultural Earnings, wholesale trade, Gold and Silver retailing, Pulses Wholesale, Cotton Ginning, Tea Wholesaling, Technical Educational Institutions in large numbers and wonderful co-operative sector base are key strengths of region.
- Jalgaonities saving pattern continue to attract large number of MNC, Nationalised, Private and Co-operative Banks with their sizable presence in Jalgaon district. District now has almost 100+ ATM machines spread across region's all important places.
- Trade sector has large number of Gujarathi, Sindhi and Marwadi (GSM) community entrepreneurs along with equal support and contribution from Marathi, Punjabi, South Indian, Parsi and Christian communities.
- Communities are well organised with most of them having their own Bhavan for cultural and social eves, text messaging services to communicate funeral and alike important messages and various aspects.
- In spite of all odds and lowest support from local governments, Educational Sector has shown significant growth in region with North Maharasthra University leading the educational arena. Region now has significant presence of Technical Education Institutions in field of Engineering, Engineering Post-Graduation, Engineering Doctorate, MBA, MCA, B.Arch, B.Ed., D. Ed. and various alike courses.
- Wholesale and Retail trading is facing lots of troubles following continued tussles in Corproation on grounds of various taxations, simplicity of operation, very low to zero maintenance in Corporation markets and policies with no special focus on growing trade segment.
- Ajanta - World heritages is just 65kms from Jalgaon city. It attracts large number of foreign and Indian tourists every year with Jalgaon being only direct Train route for reaching Ajanta caves.
- Railways high density traffic zone Bhusawal having Divisional Railways Manager (DRM) office, Zonal Training Centre (ZTC), Loco Shed, Bhusawal Thermal power station (BTPS), Ordnance Factory Varangaon are part of Jalgaon district and located near to Jalgaon city.